Road safety week is celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm every year in India at many places such as Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Baroda, Vadodara, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Chandigarh and etc. People are encouraged about how to drive on the road by organizing a variety of programs related to road safety.
During the whole week’s celebration of these operations, a variety of educational banners, safety posters, safety films, pocket guides and leaflets related to the road safety are distributed to the on-road travelers. They get motivated about road safety while traveling on the road means having planned, well-organized and learned way traveling. People who travel in an unprofessional way are requested to use road safety measures and follow traffic rules by giving them roses.
ROAD SAFETY WEEK 2021
Road safety week 2021 will be celebrated in India from the 11th of January (Monday) to the 17th of January (Sunday).
HOW THE ROAD SAFETY WEEK IS CELEBRATED
Road safety week is celebrated by performing the following activities:
- Road safety leaflets including roses, chocolates, and flowers are distributed to the travelers on the road.
- commuters are also explained about the methods and necessities of the road safety means they must understand the use of helmets or seat belts while driving on the road or anywhere.
- Various painting and drawing competitions, road safety advertisements, fairs, road rules test, girls scooter rally to encourage the use of helmets, debates on road safety at the All India Radio, workshops, seminar and etc activities are organized.
- Free medical check-up camps and driving training workshops are organized for the drivers to encourage them towards road safety.
- Road safety quiz contests are also organized to promote people about road safety.
- Traffic safety games including card games, puzzles, board games and etc are organized to educate school children about road safety.
WHY ROAD SAFETY WEEK CAMPAIGN CELEBRATION IS NECESSARY
Celebrating the road safety campaign was initiated by the ISS India HSE (Health Safety and Environment) in order to make people aware of the national road safety in the Indian subcontinent. ISS India had declared to celebrate the Road Safety Week all through the country in the first week of the month of January. The aim of this campaign was to emphasize and accent people about the need for safe roads to travel by applying just simple rules.
According to the information, it has been noted that around one lakh people are getting killed per year in road accidents. Or some of them become a victim of the life-threatening problems such as mental shock, loss of memory, loss of hand or legs and so many for the whole life.
Such conditions, especially in India, increase the importance and necessity of road safety measures. India has a huge population of road travelers such as two-wheelers, four-wheelers on the road, that’s why they must know the road safety.
It also needs efforts from different stakeholders such as the community, transport sector, insurance sector, health sector, police, legal sector, educational institutions, highway engineers, vehicle companies, public agencies, NGOs and etc. Students are given a big opportunity to participate in the road safety week program to change something, youths of the country must understand first.
ROAD SAFETY WEEK 2021 THEMES
- The theme for road safety week 2019-2020 is “Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha”
- The theme for road safety week 2018 was “The department will spread awareness regarding traffic rules and dissuade people from using the banned synthetic string, popularly known as Chinese thread.”
- The theme for road safety week 2017 was “Your safety, secures your family-Be cautious on Roads”.
- The theme for road safety week 2015 was “Build a Safety Culture for Sustainable Supply Chain” and “Safety is not just a slogan, It’s a way of life”.
- The theme for road safety week 2014 was “Walk for Road Safety”.
- The theme for road safety week 2013 was “Stay Alive, don’t drink and drive” to increase awareness among people against the drunken driving.
- The theme for road safety week 2011 was “Road Safety A Mission, Not Intermission”.
OBJECTIVES OF CELEBRATING ROAD SAFETY WEEK 2021
The aim of celebrating the campaign road safety week is to promote the road safety measures in the community, schools, colleges, workplaces, on roads and etc.
To decrease and completely remove out the road accidents, road accident death, and injury cases by applying the road safety measures.
To encourage all the travellers to follow the traffic rules and wear helmets and seat belts while driving.
To implement the new preventative measures which are proved to lessen the risk of road accidents, death or injury.
To aware the people about the speed limit of the vehicles to prevent road accidents.
To maintain the speed and required distance from other vehicles
To aware people that do not drink, do not drive when tired and do not use phones or radios while driving.
You May Also Read:-
|January Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|Road Safety Week||11th to 17th January|
|Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight||4th to 10th January|
|National Youth Day||12th January|
|Army Day||15th January|
|Pin Code Week||15th to 21st January|
|Subhas Chandra Bose Birthday||23rd January|
|National Girl Child Day||24th January|
|Republic Day of India – 26 January||26 January|
|International Customs Day||26th January|
|Anti Leprosy Day||30th January|
|Martyrs Day||30th January|