Essay on Road Safety:- Road safety is the safety of people from roadside injuries and accidents. It involves various methods and measures which must be followed by road users to prevent serious injury and accidents.
ESSAY ON ROAD SAFETY
Road safety is the most common and important topic and has been added to various fields like education, social awareness, etc in to order to bring more awareness in the public especially new age group people.
Students should be well recognized with this topic to fulfil the following needs in their schools like making project, debates, attend quiz competition or essay writing competition.
We have provided here some paragraph and essay on road safety under various words limit according to the student’s need and requirement. They can select any road safety essay given below:
SHORT ROAD SAFETY ESSAY 1
Road safety is very necessary while being on the road and must know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviours in later life.
Following are the road safety rules:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass in the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be at slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without the helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using the road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while travelling.
ROAD SAFETY ESSAY 2
As we all are well aware that road accidents, injury, and death have been very common nowadays. People not following the road traffic rules and road safety measures are the main cause of such accidents on the roads.
We always hear in the news or by our friends about road accidents because of the wrong side driving, lack of road safety rules, measures, high speed, drunk driving, etc.
The government has made a variety of road traffic and road safety rules for everyone using the road for their safety and reducing the number of daily road accidents.
We should follow all the rules and regulations such as practising defensive driving, using safety measures, maintaining the speed limit, understanding road signs, etc.
Road safety risks have been increased because of driver distraction due to the use of cell-phone or other electronic devices while driving.
In such cases, traffic laws and rules help us a lot to keep away from road accidents and injury. Road safety measures are the tools can save from the expensive traffic fines, serious offences, removal of driving licenses, etc.
Pedestrians also know the rules of walking on the road like proper use of crosswalks, use of zebra crossing, etc.
ROAD SAFETY ESSAY 3
Road safety is the prevention and protection of road accidents by using all the road safety measures. It is to secure people while travelling on the roads.
It is to make safe all the road users such as pedestrians, two-wheelers, four-wheelers, multi-wheelers, and other transport vehicle users.
Practising road safety measures is very good and safe to all people all through life. Everyone should respect others while driving or walking on the road and take care of their safety.
People safety on the road is one of the most important aspects in order to avoid roadside accidents, injury, and death.
We can judge the importance of road safety on the basis of national statistical data about total reported accidents and death. Almost 42% of cases involve pedestrians and one-way road users.
There are various methods of creating awareness among common public such as seminars, workshops, students education by adding basic road-safety lessons to a syllabus, make people aware about green cross code means stop, look, listen, think and then cross, learning of traffic lights, understanding of road signs, etc. Following all the road safety measures help a lot to protect all the road problems.
Some effective measures of road safety are like basic awareness about vehicle, defensive driving according to weather and road conditions, use of vehicle lights and horn, wearing seat belt, well use of vehicle mirrors, avoid over-speeding, understanding road lights, maintaining distance of vehicle on road, proper understanding of handling crisis situation, telecast of awareness documentaries on TV, etc.
Short Essay on Road Safety and Its Importance
Road accidents have become very common due to vehicle collisions and ignorance of proper road safety measures. The number of death is increasing due to the motor vehicle collisions by the people ignoring road safety rules.
All the roads have been busier for the full day where a vehicle is running in their high-speed. People in the modern world are being used to of their personal transportation so there is more traffic on the roads than ever before.
In such a condition, it needs people to follow traffic rules and road safety rules to practise safe driving in a careful manner. So that road accidents can be reduced.
Each and every people must do defensive driving courses (under the guidance of authorized instructor by any recognized driving school) before start driving on the roads.
It is very important for road safety purposes. Everyone must know the trick to handle serious situations related to vehicles (how to operate vehicles) or themselves on the roads to save various accidents and lives.
Road safety measures should be added in the school as an important subject so that students can get detail knowledge in their early age before driving.
Most of the road accidents cases happened because of improper knowledge about operating vehicles and lack of proper road safety measures.
It is now becoming very unsafe to drive on the road day by day. Sometimes people use their personal vehicles for a long time without regular maintenance and servicing, so it is very necessary to ensure the vehicle’s proper working condition with timely service.
It not only increases the life of vehicles; reduces the number of accidents too. A driver should check the brake system properly and well aware of the warning signs of failing brakes.
There should always be first aid box, emergency tools, sufficient gasoline, and a proper functioning vehicle before going on the trip.
ESSAY ON ROAD SAFETY 5
Road safety is must to be paid proper attention by each and every person on the earth, whether using vehicles or not. Children and students are the most vulnerable group towards road accidents, minor or major injuries and even death because of the lack of adult supervision.
There should not be late in making children well aware of the road safety rules and measures in their early ages. It should be the duty of parents and teachers to teach them properly under their nice supervision.
Need for Road Safety Knowledge for Children
According to the statistics, it is found that there are most of the road accidents cases in which children are involved, so they are at high risk than other age group people.
They need road safety knowledge and education from their early ages. It should be started from their home and schools by adding this subject to their syllabus.
Some points are mentioned below proving the fact that why road safety is so important for kids and children:
- Children are children, no one can be sure about what they will do next at home or other crowded places especially road during traffic situation.
- Children become completely innocent, they cannot judge the vehicles speed moving on the road.
- Drivers also cannot recognize their mood to move on the road especially when they try to cross the road in front of the vehicle because of their small height.
- They cannot judge how often vehicles can come on the empty road.
- They can cross the road from anywhere on the road because they have no idea about the proper place to cross the road.
- They become fearful soon and do not understand what they should do when they see vehicles coming in their direction.
Road Safety Rules for Children
Following are some essential road safety rules play a great role in protecting children from road accidents by making them responsible pedestrian on the road:
- Parents should teach their children to be extra attentive and look everywhere (left and right) before crossing the road street.
- Children should always cross the roads by holding the hands of their elders or friends.
- They should never run on the roads, should not be in a hurry or leaving parents hand and be calm.
- They need to be more cautious on the road without getting distracted by anything.
- They should be practised by their parents to follow sidewalks only or always use left side on the roads where sidewalks are unavailable.
- They should be taught to only cross the roads at crossroads after seeing traffic signals for pedestrians.
- They must be aware of the meaning of colours (red means stop, green means go and yellow means also stop), traffic light basics and importance of traffic signs on the roads.
- They should use a rear side of the passenger seat while getting out of a car or bus.
- Children should be taught to not to play on the roads or other places out of playing zone.
- They should wear the helmet and use all the measures while riding the bicycle on the roads by ensuring the proper functioning of brakes, horns, and steering.
- They should not use earphone or other music listening instruments while riding the bicycle on the road.
- Parents may teach their children in a better way by wearing seat-belts while driving a car or helmet while driving a bike anytime. Parents should follow all the road safety rules and road traffic rules while driving a vehicle to establish good examples in front of their children as they are the first example in the lives of their kids.
Road safety is very important for people of all age group to be safe and secure as well as reduce the number of road accidents and injury cases. So, everyone should strictly follow all the rules, regulations and signs of road traffic lights. Children should be well practised from the end of their parents at home and get a proper study by the teacher in the school.
You May Also Read:-