National Safety Day/Week:- The National Safety Day/Week Campaign is celebrated in India every year (organized by the National Safety Council) to commemorate the establishment of this event, on the 4th of March (Saturday) to the 10th of March (Friday) in 2023, as well as enhance safety awareness among people.
Over 8000 members are members of the National Safety Council of India, a self-governing organization (non-profit and nongovernmental organization for public service) established in Mumbai on 4th March 1966 under the Societies Act.
The organization provides safety, health, and environment-related support services in order to prevent and lessen human loss and financial loss every year.
It is celebrated with great enthusiasm to make aware people about how to get prevented industrial accidents by exhibiting widespread safety awareness programs in the public sectors which have not been covered by any safety legislation.
In order to make the campaign celebration safe, people are shown a variety of specific activities throughout the week.
NATIONAL SAFETY DAY/WEEK CELEBRATION
As part of the celebration, health organizations and industrial members unite with governmental and non-governmental organizations.
They receive all the promotional materials and utilities designed by the Council (badges, stickers, banners, instruction cards, posters, wallets, leather belts, and bags) printed with SHE slogans and messages:
- For the convenience of the campaign organizing organizational members.
- For making sure about the quality materials which should reflect the national SHE issues.
- For generating support for the organizations in order to contribute to the economic self-reliance of the National Safety Council.
The campaign is well planned to make it highly visible to the people through the effective use of electronic media journals, newspapers, and other industrial magazines. Members of this campaign receive national-level, and safe government support.
During the campaign celebration, various public functions are held at a national level, including seminars, debates, distributing safety messages and slogans on posters, contesting essays, awarding safety awards, displaying banners, a drama and song performance, training programs, workshops, and the screening of films about safety and health issues. Employees of the organization take part in the Safety Pledge event.
A variety of safety activities-based training programs is provided to the industrial staff to help them fulfill their responsibilities effectively.
Training includes testing and examining pressure vessels, lifting machines, chemical safety, risk assessment and handling, fire control, first aid knowledge, etc.
OBJECTIVES OF CELEBRATING NATIONAL SAFETY DAY/WEEK
- Every year, National Safety Day/Week is celebrated nationwide to promote health, safety, and the environment.
- It is celebrated to get the goal of a great level of public participation to play major safety roles in different industrial sectors.
- The campaign celebration, it is largely promoted the utilization of a participative approach by the owners of the company by promoting their staff in the safety, health, and environmental activities.
- This campaign encourages workplace safety, health, and environmental activities by focusing on need-based activities and self-observance of legal requirements.
- Workplace safety is promoted to a great level by reminding employers and employees including other staff of their legal responsibilities.
- To get the goal of developing and strengthening the SHE activities among people in the workplace.
- Serve society with a preventive culture and scientific state of mind by organizing a safety approach.
THEMES OF NATIONAL SAFETY DAY
- National Safety Day theme of 2023 ‘Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture
- National Safety Day theme of 2020,2021 & 2022 is “Sadak Suraksha”.
- National Safety Day theme of 2019 was “Reinforce positive behavior at the workplace to achieve safety and health goals”.
- The National Safety Day theme of 2018 was “Reinforce positive behavior at the workplace to achieve safety and health goals”.
- National Safety Day theme of 2017 was “Keep Each Other Safe”.
- National Safety Day theme of 2016 was “STRENGTHEN SAFETY MOVEMENT TO ACHIEVE ZERO HARM”.
- National Safety Day/week theme of 2015 was “Build a Safety Culture for Sustainable Supply Chain”.
- National Safety Day/week theme of 2014 was “Manage stress at Workplace and Control Hazards” and “Safety: It Takes All of Us”.
- National Safety Day/week theme of 2013 was “Working Together to Ensure Safe and Healthy Workplace”.
- National Safety Day/week theme of 2012 was “Ensure a safe and healthy working environment – A fundamental human right”.
- National Safety Day/week theme of 2011 was “Establish and maintain preventative safety and health culture”.
You May Also Read:-
|March Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|National Safety Day||4th March|
|International Women’s Day||8th March|
|Dandi March Day||12th March|
|World Kidney Day||12th March|
|Ordnance Factories Day||18th March|
|International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination||21st March|
|World Forestry Day||21st March|
|World Water Day||22nd March|
|Martyrs Day||23 March and 30 January|
|World Meteorological Day||23rd March|
|World TB Day||24th March|