Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight 2022:- Oil conservation week is celebrated every year, from the 4th of January to the 10th of January, by the people worldwide in order to increase awareness all across the world regarding the importance of conservation of the petroleum products.
The celebration of the oil conservation goes the whole week by the contribution of PCRA (Petroleum Conservation Research Association) as well as oil industries under the leadership of Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry.
It was first started in the year 1991. From then, it is being celebrated every year to encourage people of the entire country as well as to increase the effectiveness of the campaign of oil conservation.
Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight 2022
Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight 2022 will be celebrated from the 4th of January (Tuesday) to the 10th of January (Monday).
WHY OIL AND GAS CONSERVATION WEEK AND FORTNIGHT IS CELEBRATED
Oil conservation week celebration is very necessary in order to raise awareness about saving petroleum products among people. Petroleum products are being used by the people in many ways such as power plants, industries, fertilizer, commercial, domestic, transport sectors and so many.
The demand for both petroleum products and gases are increasing day by day, which is a very necessary topic to take for future safety. That’s why the campaign is renamed as the Oil and Gas Conservation Fortnight instead of only Oil Conservation Fortnight since 2004.
The air pollution has increased a lot because of petroleum products which has a great impact on the Taj Mahal (world heritage monument). Petroleum products used in the industries and vehicles release various pollutants and emissions which affect our living environment.
How Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight is Celebrated
A variety of activities takes place during the oil conservation week celebration. It is celebrated by the entire oil industry under the guidance of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The aim of the campaign is distributed among the people through the activities based on the topic of need and importance of conserving both the petroleum products as well as environmental protection.
Some of the activities which involve the campaign celebration are listed down below:
- The message of the oil conservation campaign is distributed by poor publicity.
- Print media and electronic media also plays a great role in campaigning the message.
- Variety of training programs are held during the whole week celebration.
- Campaign related literature is distributed all over the country through technical meetings.
Some of the activities are organized at the state level by the Oil Industry Coordinators under the guidance of Regional Level Coordinators. School children and teachers also involved in performing the activities related to the campaign for which they get award according to their performance.
The oil conservation week celebration is very necessary in order to decrease the ever-increasing space between demand and supply of petroleum products and oil.
In order to make more effective the oil conservation campaign all over the country, the Government has started the whole week celebration.
During this celebration, a range of steps is taken to promote petroleum products conservation in the following sectors like industrial, transport, agricultural, domestic and etc.
Workers of the different sectors are given training which includes various adopting measures and practices for increasing the fuel efficiency in the transport sector, household sector, boilers, furnaces, oil operated types of equipment and etc. household sector.
Tree plantation has been started in the Mathura (to reduce the effect of sulfurous emissions from the Mathura Refinery) and in the surrounding areas of Taj for the maintenance purpose.
The supply of natural gas and hydrocracker technology has been started to the Mathura Refinery to decrease the sulfurous emissions from Mathura Refinery.
What steps have been taken for Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight 2022
- In order to create mass awareness towards the need for petroleum products conservation, multimedia campaigns are also planned by the authority and oil marketing companies.
- A variety of lubricants has been launched by oil marketing companies in order to increase the efficiency of petroleum products and save.
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG, started by the GAIL in the year 1992) technique as a fuel in the transport sector has been implemented by the government of many countries to save the petroleum products and make the environment clean and pollution-free. CNG is a very safe and sound environment-friendly burning fuel which has been implemented to reduce the drain of discharges such as hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, lead, sulfur and etc in the environment in comparison to other fuels. A conversion kit has also been launched to successfully implement CNG in the petrol vehicles.
- A program is also in the process in order to replace the kerosene used in textile pigment printing. The objective of this program is to get 40% kerosene conservation.
- Various effective and result-oriented petroleum product conservation methods have been implemented in the oil sector.
- Supply of petrol without a lead (lead-free petrol) and low sulfur diesel has been started by the government throughout the Agra in order to save the Taj Mahal from the pollution.
Objectives of celebrating the Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight 2022
- It is celebrated to raise awareness among people about the necessity of petroleum conservation.
- Various activities are held to increase the effectiveness of oil conservation campaign.
- To make the environment pollution free by replacing the use of petroleum products with other efficiency measures.
- To save the world heritage monuments from the pollution by the by-products of the petroleum products.
|January Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|Road Safety Week||11th to 17th January|
|Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight||4th to 10th January|
|National Youth Day||12th January|
|Army Day||15th January|
|Pin Code Week||15th to 21st January|
|Subhas Chandra Bose Birthday||23rd January|
|National Girl Child Day||24th January|
|Republic Day of India – 26 January||26 January|
|International Customs Day||26th January|
|Anti Leprosy Day||30th January|
|Martyrs Day||30th January|