International Customs Day 2022, well known as the ICD, is celebrated by the custom organizations every year on the 26th of January. It is celebrated to commemorate the very first official conference of the Customs Co-operation Council means the World Customs Organization, WCO.
World Customs Organization, has over 177 custom administration members, is called as the only intergovernmental organization which solely highlights the customs matters.
World Customs Organization was established in the year 1952 as an autonomous body to enhance the efficacy and effectiveness of the customs administrations all across the world.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS DAY 2020
International customs day 2022 will be celebrated on the 26th of January, on Sunday.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS DAY THEME
International customs day is celebrated every year using different themes to focus on a particular event.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2009 was “Customs and the environment: protecting our natural heritage”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2010 was “Customs and Business: improving performance through partnerships”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2011 was “Knowledge, a catalyst for Customs Excellence” to effectively implement the mandatory services by the customs fraternity.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2012 was “Borders divide, Customs connects”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2013 was “Innovation for Customs progress”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2014 was “Communication: sharing information for better cooperation”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2015 was “Coordinated Border Management: an inclusive approach to connecting stakeholders”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2016 would be “Digital Customs: Progressive Engagement”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2017 was “Data Analysis for Effective Border Management.”
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2018 was “A secure business environment for economic development.”
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2019 was “SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel, and Transport.”
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2020 is “Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet”.
- The theme of the celebration of international customs day 2021 is “Customs bolstering recovery, renewal and resilience“.
International Customs Day theme highlights the significance of the business partnership approach. It contributes in many areas such as trade supply chain security, worldwide customs growth, enhancing business standards, and public-private enterprises.
WCO members celebrate international customs day as a magnificent reminder to play a vital role in the customs bodies all over the world.
WHY INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS DAY IS CELEBRATED
International customs organization plays a big role in developing global business instead of increasing the risks of international security. International security dangers negatively affect the worldwide business scenario.
So, the international customs day has been decided to celebrate every year to fulfill the requirements of the customs bodies. It regulates the better establishment and understanding of the business firms.
The growth of international legal trades is stimulated by the World Customs Organization through several vital steps. It helps in combating the danger of fraudulent activities by promoting a candid, apparent, and safe custom environment worldwide.
It is celebrated as a yearly event of the World Customs Organization to memorialize the establishment of the World Customs Organization in the year 1953 in order to support the International Customs cooperation.
In order to get customs excellence, the secretary-general of the World Customs Organization has made a call for promoting the management and professional training.
It is getting celebrated in different countries in different ways. In order to face the recent trends and lots of challenges, The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority attempts regularly to provide excellent services and training to its officers.
Customs Day History
The Customs Co-operation Council was marked on the 15th of December in the year 1950 in Brussels. However, it came into force two years later on the 4th of November in the year 1952 which was officially inaugurated on the 26th of January in the year 1953 with the involvement of representatives from different countries.
The Customs Co-operation Council was approved as a World Customs Organization in the year 1994 to become a global intergovernmental organization.
OBJECTIVES OF CELEBRATING INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS DAY
- It is celebrated to enhance the effectiveness and efficacy of the member customs administrations.
- To innovatively assist the member customs administrations to actively contribute to the custom development.
- To achieve international level goals.
- To enhance revenue collection, community protection, national security, and trade statistics collection.
You May Also Read
|January Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|Road Safety Week||11th to 17th January|
|Oil and Gas Conservation Week and Fortnight||4th to 10th January|
|National Youth Day||12th January|
|Army Day||15th January|
|Pin Code Week||15th to 21st January|
|Subhas Chandra Bose Birthday||23rd January|
|National Girl Child Day||24th January|
|Republic Day of India – 26 January||26 January|
|International Customs Day||26th January|
|Anti Leprosy Day||30th January|
|Martyrs Day||30th January|