World No Tobacco Day is used to celebrate by lots of people and also by the WHO which is known as the World Health Organization for making to get the proper knowledge about the causes and effects of Tobacco with their preventive measures.
It is used to spread knowledge about stopping the usage of Tobacco for making people remain safe from Tobacco hazards. The day is used to make people carry out their tasks in a better way by not eating Tobacco for their own better health.
The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2023 is “We need food, not tobacco”
WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY 2023
World No Tobacco Day will be celebrated all across the world by the people on the 31st of May.
Tobacco makes people get many dangerous effects by which they can even loss their lives. It is quite important for people to provide them with information about the cure and prevention of Tabacco.
Tobacco gets people to suffer from lots of issues such as Cancer of the Mouth, Lungs, and Kidney, and also damages many of the other parts of the body.
Tobacco contains much more Nicotine which is very dangerous for health. Due to Nicotine, the Brain sends the wrong message to the body to provide the body with Nicotine daily like the Daily Food and Drinks of people.
WHO has made many things which people can eat that thing instead of Nicotine to avoid Nicotine issues. It is very useful for people to avoid Nicotine with many of the medicines and preventive measures for the cure of Nicotine.
World Tobacco Day makes people get every bad effect of Tobacco. For celebrating Tobacco Day there are many types of activities done by the people like Big Banners, Communicating with many people for making them understand the bad effects of Tobacco, Public Debates, Marches, Health Camps, Art of the public, Parades as well as Rallies, Anti-Tobacco, etc.
It is necessary for the Government to ban it in the World as it can lead to many the Diseases like Lungs Cancer, Heart Attacks, Heart Chronic Diseases, Heart Strokes, different types of Cancer, etc.
First people used to celebrate World No Smoking Day on the 7th of April 1988 and then it was modified to be celebrated as World No Tobacco Day on the 31st of May 1989. Then the resolution was further changed on the 17th of May in the year 1989.
A Celebration of the World Tobacco Day
A celebration of Tobacco Day is done by the Government as well as many Non-Government and Private Organizations to provide lots of information and also many types of preventive measures to the people who are suffering from the Tobacco effects.
World Tobacco Day is used to celebrate on the 17th of May to aware people of the effects and its cure to the people. There are almost 1.3 Billion Tobacco users in the World from which one out of 10 people dies due to Tobacco use.
The government can decrease the rate of death of the people until 2020 by 20-25 percent by applying many types of preventive measures in the Country. There are many Anti-Smoking measures like Radio Ads, Establishing effective as well as new Public Awareness Campaigns, showing the Danger to smoke in Public Places where people are near.
There is almost 37.6 percent of Smokers decreased in 1955 and 20.8 percent of Smokers decreased in the year 2006.
In China, there is more than 50 percent of Smokers are men. The government has taken many steps to reduce or remove Smoking Habits in the National as well as regional areas.
The government has many of Anti-Smoking Policies to remove or reduce the smoking Habits of people with the help of many policies such as Sale limitation, Promotion, Advertisement as well as Sponsors Tobacco Products, and Increasing Taxes on Tobacco. Establishing Camps for Public Checkups etc.
Themes for the World Tobacco Day 2023
- The theme for the WNTD in the year 2004 was “A Vicious Circle of Poverty and the Tobacco”.
- The theme for the WNTD in the year 2005 was “Professional of the Health against Tobacco”.
- The theme for the WNTD in the year 2006 was “Dangerous in any type of Form”.
- The theme for the WNTD in the year 2007 was “Inside Tobacco Smoke-Free”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2008 was “Tobacco-free youth”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2009 was “Tobacco health warnings”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2010 was “Gender and tobacco with an emphasis on marketing to women”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2011 was “The WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2012 was “Tobacco industry interference”.
- The theme for World Tobacco Day in the year 2013 was “Ban tobacco advertising, promotion, and sponsorship”.
- The theme for WNTD in the year 2014 was “Raise taxes on tobacco”.
- The theme for WNTD in the year 2015 was “Stop illicit trade of tobacco products”.
- The theme for WNTD in the year 2016 was “Get ready for plain packaging”.
- The theme for WNTD in the year 2017 was “Tobacco – a threat to development”.
- The theme for WNTD in the year 2018 is “Tobacco and heart disease”. It will focus on cardiovascular health.
- The theme of WNTD 2019 is “Tobacco and lung health”.
- The theme of WNTD 2020 is “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use”.
WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY QUOTES
“Giving up tobacco is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” Mark Twain
“The True Face of Tobacco Is disease, death, and horror- not the glamour and sophistication the pushers in the tobacco industry try to portray.” David Byrne
“Much smoking kills live men and cures dead swine.” George D. Prentice
“The best way to stop smoking is to just stop – no ifs, and or butts.” Edith Zettler
“Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs.” Author Unknown
“Quoting like Tobacco is the dirty habit to which I am devoted.” Carolyn Heilbrun
|May Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|International Labour Day||1st May|
|World Press Freedom Day||3rd May|
|International Midwives Day||5th May|
|World Asthma Day||5th May|
|World Thalassemia Day||8th May|
|World Red Cross Day||8th May|
|National Technology Day||11th May|
|Mother’s Day||10th May|
|International Nurses Day||12th May|
|International Day of Families||15th May|
|World Hypertension Day||17th May|
|World No Tobacco Day||31st May|