International Midwives Day 2023:- May 5th of each year is the International Day of the Midwives. You may think that it was an extremely long marked awareness day, but that day was officially formalized only in 1992 when it was officially launched by the International Association of Midwives.
Themes of the day included healthy families, partnerships of mothers, midwives, and mothers of newborns, and “pioneers of quality assurance”.
IDM encourages midwives to organize the day and raise funds for good causes, whether it’s organizing a concert or a march, organizing a concert to inform others on midwifery, organizing a meeting, or even a celebrity, a minister, or inviting experts to speak or open an event.
History of International Midwives Day
In order to raise awareness of the contribution midwives to make to patients worldwide, the International Day of Midwives is celebrated annually around the globe. More than 50 countries around the world celebrate May 5th with great enthusiasm and joy as a way to honor midwives for their outstanding contributions to health.
International Day of Midwives is celebrated around the world annually. It was first celebrated on May 5, 1991 under the slogan “Towards a safe birth for all by 2000.” It was intended to be celebrated annually to meet the demands of the following theme: “The world needs midwives more than ever.”
In 1987, the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) in the Netherlands decided to establish the International Day of Midwives.ICM connects midwives from all organizations to ICM Express to promote harmony and improve the knowledge and skills of all midwives.
This celebration promotes “safe motherhood” and the profession of midwifery by raising awareness of their contributions around the world.
Celebration of the International Midwives Day
It serves as an opportunity to raise awareness about midwives and midwifery. Nearly 50 countries use it with great joy to encourage people to focus on midwifery activities.
International Midwifery Day encourages people to teach them everything about midwives. The International Day of Midwives began on May 5, 1991, with the theme: “All year 2000 for a safe birth”.
There are many types of diseases in the world that make many people suffer from many types of diseases. It is used to celebrate the importance of a better role in bringing about good health in the world. There are many very dangerous diseases that can not be cured with many drugs in the world.
It is reported that nearly 350,000 women die each year due to pregnancy problems. During delivery, nearly 2 million newborns die after delivery. Midwives play an important role in helping women save their babies by taking care of the health of their wounded babies and used to provide many powerful devices to patients with many ailments. Midwives are very important in enabling people to meet their needs so that their patients can heal their illnesses faster. It is celebrated to ensure that people receive all kinds of help so that their patients can heal more quickly.
In many countries, many midwives allow pregnant women to seek help from pregnant women. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) has taken a major step forward in encouraging gynecologists, midwives, and midwives to strengthen midwives around the world.
International Midwifery Day brings together student midwives, women, and women with an interest in childbirth from all over the world.
International Midwives Day
Midwives routinely cultivate a better attitude towards the patient in order to heal her and provide her with all the equipment and services needed to improve pregnant women.
Midwives at local health centers, midwifery associations, and midwifery assistants celebrate the International Day of Midwives and contribute to the development of many important activities for the benefit of patients.
During the celebration, many patients are accustomed to performing many activities such as public gatherings, karaoke, walking, running, street parade, singing competition, market stalls, acquaintances and activities, workshops, rallies, news, conferences, and many other events organized by non-governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, and the government.
The government organizes many activities to disseminate information and knowledge about midwives at the local, national and international levels and to publicly disseminate a great deal of knowledge about the role and needs of the population.
The World Symposium on Obstetrics will be held in Kaula Lumpur under the title “Promoting Quality in Obstetrics: Mastering Challenges, Moving Forward”. It is used to ensure the availability of service and the establishment of midwives by accepting and improving the quality of care.
Midwifery facilities play a very important role in the lives of pregnant women who give birth to a baby. It is used globally and is popular around the world because it eliminates many social and financial hurdles. The Global Symposium serves to bring together the midwifery group to educate, regulate, strengthen the development of the Association and improve their skills. The group discussion will serve to highlight important issues and overcome challenges.
The International Midwives Day 2023 Theme
- The theme for ICM 2023 is “Together again: from evidence to reality”
- The theme for ICM 2022 is “Contemplative practice for the 21st Century”.
- The theme for ICM 2021 is “Diversity and equality – leaving no one behind”
- The theme for ICM 2020 is Midwives with women: celebrate, demonstrate, mobilise, unite – our time is NOW!
- The theme of 2019 is “Midwives: defender of women’s rights”.
- The theme of the year 2018 was: “Midwives are leaders in quality assurance”.
- The 2017 theme was “Midwives: making a difference in the world”.
- The 2016 theme was “Women and Newborns: The Heart of the Midwife”.
- The 2015 theme was “Midwives: for a better tomorrow”.
- The theme of 2014 was “Midwives are changing the world one family at a time”.
- The theme of 2013 was: “The world needs midwives more than ever! / Midwives save lives “.
- The theme of 2012 was “The world needs midwives more than ever”.
- The theme of the year 2011 was “The first 5 km of the long hike to Durban in the south”.
- The theme of 2010 was “The world needs midwives more than ever”.
- The theme of 2009 was “The world needs midwives more than ever”.
- The 2008 theme was “Healthy Families – the key to the future”.
- The theme of 2007 was “Midwives reach women – wherever they live”.
- The theme of 2006 was “The world needs midwives – now more than ever”.
- The 2005 theme was “The world needs midwives – now more than ever”.
- The theme of 2004 was “Midwives: a voice for healthy families”.
- The theme for 2003 was “Leadership and key partnerships in midwifery improve maternal and newborn health”.
- The theme of the year 2002 was “The world needs midwives – now more than ever”.
- The theme of 2001 was “The world needs midwives – now more than ever”.
|May Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|International Labour Day||1st May|
|World Press Freedom Day||3rd May|
|International Midwives Day||5th May|
|World Asthma Day||5th May|
|World Thalassemia Day||8th May|
|World Red Cross Day||8th May|
|National Technology Day||11th May|
|Mother’s Day||10th May|
|International Nurses Day||12th May|
|International Day of Families||15th May|
|World Hypertension Day||17th May|
|World No Tobacco Day||31st May|