The United Nations established World Environment Day in 1972 to raise awareness of the conservation of the earth and direct action and celebrate it every year on the 5th of June.
Since its inception, it has been a political and social platform for individuals, governments, and celebrities to raise awareness and publicize their environmental concerns. The theme of this day is different every year and plays in a different city.
For example, in 2006, desertification and desertification were welcomed in Algeria. In 2009, the topic was climate change which took place in Mexico.
For a healthy life, the environment plays an important role. It provides us with air, food, etc. As it is said, humans change the environment for themselves, while animals change the environment for the environment. The environment is like our neighborhood; the surrounding conditions influence us and change our growth and development.
World Environment Day 2023
World Environment Day is sponsored by the United Nations, and China will be the host country for 2019. In addition to being called World Environment Day, it is also called Eco Day or Environment Day. This day celebrates the environment and how it affects daily life.
The environment is the environment or conditions under which a person, animal, or plant lives or works. It is necessary to understand the importance of the environment, and many activities are carried out by humans to preserve and preserve the unique nature and economy of life.
History of the World Environment Day
Since 1973, World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 as an annual event to raise citizens’ awareness of the importance of a healthy and ecological environment and to address environmental issues through the implementation of positive environmental policies by governments and government organizations. and individually as a whole. In 1974, the World Environment Day Campaign began in various cities across the globe.
The objective behind celebrating the world environment day
– Encourage ordinary people from different societies and communities to actively participate in the celebration and actively participate in the development of environmental protection measures.
– Encourage people to make their surroundings safe and clean to enjoy a safer, cleaner, and more prosperous future.
What is the purpose of World Environment Day?
It is necessary to address environmental issues such as deforestation, global warming, waste and loss of food, pollution, etc.
This day is celebrated successfully to achieve carbon neutrality, reduce greenhouse effects, focus on forest management and plant on degraded land, extract energy from solar sources, promote coral reefs and mangroves, develop a new drainage system, etc.
How to celebrate world environment day?
Celebrate the environmental day in your schools, on construction sites, in companies, in private households and in social media groups with innovative ideas!
Create events for the environmental day and participate!
- Create environmental day events in your home, school, on-site, in your business location, and in your social media groups.
- Organize a contest about stories, short films, and videos about WED, support ecological concepts, and avoid the use of plastic in our daily lives.
- Promote ideas, poems, blogs, and an album on all social media and raise awareness of the Day of the Environment.
- Start a terraced garden in your house and harvest small vegetables and fruit from organic farming.
- Use eco-friendly products for parties, events, and all your outdoor programs. Avoid plastic bags, and use and discard cups, water bottles, etc.
- Use disposable palm leaf plates and organic sugarcane plates for your events and decorate them with natural jute products.
Themes of the World Environment Day
This year the theme of World Environment Day 2022 is ” Only one Earth”.
|June Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|World Milk Day||1st June|
|World Environment Day||5th June|
|World Ocean Day||8th June|
|World Blood Donor Day||14th June|
|World Sickle Cell Day||19th June|
|World Refugee Day||20th June|
|International Day of Yoga||21st June|