World Sickle Cell Day 2023: World Sickle Cell Day is celebrated worldwide on 19 June to ensure that people have all the knowledge about the treatment and preventive measures against sickle cell disease.
Sickle cell disease is celebrated by the population with the active participation of the government as well as non-governmental organizations, funded health organizations, NGOs, and other health organizations. Sickle cell anemia is used to celebrate and encourage people to participate in all activities related to sickle cell disease in order to better understand sickle cell disease.
It is used to give people with better ideas the ability to focus on and cure sickle cell disease with better treatment from doctors. The government has organized several campaigns to encourage people to focus on sickle cell disease, to heal it and to ensure the safety of those who do not.
It is a red blood cell disease that can be transmitted to other people who come in contact with it. The sickle tag day will be used to stage many theatre and educational activities to raise awareness of the problems and solutions to sickle cell disease.
. It is very difficult for people to control many things that have sickle cell disease.
What is Sickle Cell Disease?
Sickle cell disease is a group of illnesses that affects your red blood cells. Sickle cell disease is a genetic disease transmitted by your parents and used to give birth. You can not catch it from other people.
Sickle cell disorders cause you’re normally round and flexible blood cells to become stiff and sickle-shaped, preventing the blood cells and the oxygen they carry from moving freely around the body causing pain. This can lead to severe pain.
People with sickle cell disease are also at risk for stroke, acute chest syndrome, blindness, bone lesions, and priapism (persistent and painful l erection of the penis).
People with sickle cell disease can suffer organ damage over time, such as the liver, kidneys, lungs, heart and spleen. Death can also result from complications of the disorder. The treatment of sickle cell disease focuses primarily on the prevention and treatment of complications.
The objective of celebrating the World Sickle Cells Day
- Disseminate real information about sickle cell disease to the general public worldwide.
- Provide the opportunity to contact service providers for their confirmation tests.
- Provide a great opportunity for those suffering from this disease by informing them of their sickle cell status through early diagnosis.
- Get support from health organizations for funding, screening reagents, microscopes, etc.
- Encourage private, governmental and other health organizations to actively participate in the complete eradication of this disease.
- Bring together all healthcare professionals, including lab assistants, scientists, nurses, counsellors, and so on.
- Get online support on various social media sites to spread news easily and instantly among teenagers and other age groups.
- Implement new health strategies to completely eradicate this disease worldwide.
How is the World Sickle Cells Day Celebrated?
There are many types of diseases in the world that make all people curious to make the decision to cure many types of diseases with many good ideas and tips.
The government has set up a large number of hospitals to treat these types of dangerous diseases that make it possible to cure their illness by taking care of every illness.
Many people have the habit of gaining accurate knowledge about many diseases in order to achieve their life goals.
Many people suffer from many diseases in order to treat themselves properly and achieve their goals better. It is possible for every doctor to check the symptoms and prevent illnesses that have a great deal of information about these diseases.
The government has decided to provide many technical and medical services to a large number of people suffering from many types of dangerous diseases. It is very important that people know everything about the disease in order to heal it or take appropriate preventive measures to prevent it.
Nowadays, everyone is likely to improve their health before working in a company anymore. It is absolutely necessary that everyone chooses a good doctor for their health.
There are many types of doctors who are unable to cure many diseases. It is very important that people focus on their health as it is important that everyone can do many activities in the right way. It is best to take preventive measures before the disease spreads in a person’s body.
People should consult doctors to get a proper examination of many diseases that are spreading in many viruses and specks of dust. It is very important for people to have a better relationship with each person in order to do their job better.
Themes of the World Sickle Cell Day
- The theme for 2019 was “Sickle Cell Community Embracing Change Together”.
- The theme for 2018 was “SCD: Walk for Hope”.
- The theme for 2017 was Break the Sickle Cycle.
- The theme for 2016 was “Be brave and address ineffective areas of support”.
- The theme for 2015 was: “So that the sickle cell is no longer ignored, you must STOP YOUR SILENCE and SHARE YOUR TRUTH”.
- The theme for 2014 was breaking the Silence on Sickle Cell Disease.
- The theme for 2013 was “Know Your Sickle Cell Status”.
- The theme for 2012 was “keeping hope alive”.
- The theme for 2011 was “Education and Association”.
- The theme for 2010 was “Awareness, Education and Hope”.
- The theme for 2009 was “Sickle Cell Disease – A Public Health Approach”.
- The theme for 2008 was “Recognition of sickle cell disease as a public health problem”.
|June Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|World Milk Day||1st June|
|World Environment Day||5th June|
|World Ocean Day||8th June|
|World Blood Donor Day||14th June|
|World Sickle Cell Day||19th June|
|World Refugee Day||20th June|
|International Day of Yoga||21st June|