About:- The International Day for the elderly is dedicated to the honor, respect, and care of the elders in the world. Remember that you will one day be included in this group. In 1990, the United Nations General Assembly declared October 1 the International Day of Older People, also known as the International Day for the Elderly. In 1992, the Assembly adopted a strategy for the decade 1992-2001, including the 1999 International Year of the Elderly.
International Day for the Elderly 2020
The celebration of International Day for the Elderly will be observed all over India on 1st October 2020.
By the end of the century, 20 years will have been added to the average life. This longevity is one of the greatest achievements of the 20th century, leading to a dramatic increase in the number of elderly people in the world. As a rule, in just a few generations, the proportion of over-60s in the total population increases from about a quarter to four.
Recognizing that ageing was one of the main factors and challenges of the 20th century, the United Nations convened the World Assembly on Aging in 1982, and in the same year, the General Assembly approved the International Action Plan on the International Day for the Elderly.
The overall objective of the 1999 International Year of the Elderly is to promote the 18 United Nations principles on the elderly and translate them into concrete policies, programs, and actions. The principles are divided into five groups: independence, participation, caring, personal fulfilment and dignity.
The unifying theme of the year embraces the four dimensions of the framework and allows priorities the promotion of United Nations principles for the elderly, the goal of the year. The concept of “Society for a society for all ages” is one such integrating theme.
How to Celebrate the International Day for Elderly People?
People celebrate the International Day of the Elderly, to make all people aware of the difficulties that senior citizens face by taking on the responsibility of parents for the well-being of the family. It is very useful for people to acquire all knowledge about all kinds of activities to help them develop a better nation.
Every nation should be able to launch many types of activities to enhance the skills and talents of all and to develop many activities for the benefit of the people. Seniors are used to doing a lot of activities to solve all the problems accurately by focusing on all issues properly. Seniors get all the knowledge from their parents that each parent focuses on their parents to make them strong and healthy enough to adequately manage and perform each activity.
Elders do any kind of work when there are many financial problems in their family. Parents take on their responsibilities if they are able to solve all tasks and solve all problems. However, when parents are unable to manage and solve all financial and other problems, elders are used to giving responsibilities to their parents, addressing all issues and coping with problems.
It is very easy for any senior to develop a better attitude to the safety of all family members if they are unable to take responsibility for making each activity run better. It is very difficult for seniors to do many family tasks, and they are able to do and execute all tasks very easily.
Themes of the International Day for the Elderly
The theme for the International Day for the Elderly people in 2013 was “We want the future: what all the older people are telling”.
The theme of the International Day for the Elderly in 2014 was “Society for all the people is promoted: no one is left behind”.
Theme of the International Day for the Elderly in 2015 was “In the Urban Environment there is an Age and Sustainability inclusion”.
The theme of the International Day for the Elderly in 2016 was “Take a Stand against Ageism”.
The theme of the International Day of the Elderly in 2017 was “Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions, and Participation of the Elderly in Society”.
Theme of the International Day of the Elderly in 2018 was “Celebrating the older Human Rights Champions”.
World Elders Day Messages, Wishes and Greetings
1. They have always led our ways, they have always held our hands, they have always protected us, loved us and cared for us…. Now it is our turn to return the favours and make their old age a beautiful one…. Best wishes on World Elders Day.
2. Without their love, care and affection, we wouldn’t have been the same…. On the occasion of World Elders Day, let us thank our elders for giving us a beautiful life….. Happy World Elders Day.
3. As we grow young, we forget the contribution our elders have made to our lives…. Let us grow responsibly and always honour their love, time, efforts and affection by taking care of them when they need us the most…. Happy World Elders Day.
4. When we were young, they were always around, taking care of the smallest of our needs… Now when they are old, they need us and we should be there without fail…. Best wishes on World Elders Day.
5. Let us thank God for giving us the protection and love of our elders…. Let us spend time with them, love them and care for them because they are our strengths…. Wishing Happy World Elders Day.
Elder Abuse Slogans
6. Once she was his pride and life but today she is taking away from him both.
7. Give your elders a chance to smile, a reason to live and a life they all deserve…. Respect them and love them.
8. If you don’t love and respect your elders then don’t expect your children and grandchildren anything.
9. To care for all those who cared for us is the best way to express gratitude and honour them.
10. Don’t leave a chance to pay debt to your elders….. Respect them and not abuse them!!!
Inspirational Quotes on Elders Blessings
11. Thank God each passing day for you are blessed with elders whose blessings are the reason for all your success and happiness….. Happy World Elders Day.
12. We all grow old but only some of us grow big…. Respect elders and you will always be moving ahead in life with their blessings and love…. Best wishes on World Elders Day.
13. They have always been around, even when we did not need them….. Let us be there for them at least when they need us…. Let us always have our elders bless us.
14. Blessings of elders work as protection for us, they help us grow, succeed, prosper because they come from within… We always need them and their blessings.
15. Today they are old and tomorrow we will be old…. Let us love them, seek their blessings before it is too late…. A very Happy World Elders Day.
|October Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|National Voluntary Blood Donation Day||1st October|
|International Day for Elderly People||1st October|
|Gandhi Jayanti||2nd October|
|Anti Untouchability Week||2nd to 8th October|
|Wildlife Week||2nd to 8th October|
|World Habitat Day||First Monday of the month of October|
|Air Force Day||8th October|
|World Post Day||9th October|
|International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction||11th October|
|World Standards Day||14th October|
|World Students Day||15th October|
|World Food Day||16th October|
|World Savings Day||30th October|
|National Unity Day||31st October|