World Students Day 2021:- World Students Day is celebrated worldwide on the 15th of October each year. The World Student Day is celebrated on October 15 to commemorate the birthday of the great Indian scientist and former Indian President Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was loved by students throughout India. He loved to teach and so he wanted to be remembered.
World Student’s Day 2021 will be celebrated on 15th October, Thursday.
He loved his disciples and always encouraged them to learn more. Because of his love of education, his students, his concentration and his efforts to promote education. The United Nations has declared its anniversary (15 October) the “World Student Day”. Since then, the 15th of October is celebrated as a World Student Day around the world. Dr. Kalam was the most popular president of India. Young Indians admire and admire him as a teacher and guide. He has always encouraged students to have big dreams and to work hard to make those dreams come true.
His sudden and unfortunate death on July 27, 2015, shook the nation. Dr. A. P. Abdul Kalam took his last breath and taught what he loved most. He gave a lecture to IIM Shillong students. He fell to the plateau due to a stroke and died almost instantly. The whole nation lamented his death without distinction of caste or religion. He was the president of the people. He showed us how a child from a small Indian village can become a great scientist and an Indian president.
History of the World Students Day
The history and origins of World Student Day go back to the year 2010. We would like to thank Dr. Abdul Kalam for his contribution to promoting the importance of education and to encourage millions of students through his speeches and conferences, the United Nations declares Abdul Kalam birthday (15 October) as a World Student Day.
And since then, October 15 is celebrated in India and around the world as a World Student Day. This day is mainly done in schools and colleges in India. On this day, various activities such as essay writing, speech competitions, quizzes, debates, science fairs, and exhibitions are organized in schools and colleges.
Why do we celebrate World Student Day?
Mr. Kalam has always encouraged disciples through his writings and discourses to succeed in life. According to him, the modern ideology of being a scholar is to refine the student’s merit. From the ordinary pupil to the extraordinary student, only theoretical knowledge is not enough. He must follow the path of all areas such as theoretical reading, understanding and its practical application. A student should lead a disciplined life and never follow the path of evil.
As an inspirational personality, Dr. Kalam was not the only president of the people but also teacher, scientist, teacher, author, and political decision-maker. Dr. Kalam has always expressed a desire to remember people as a teacher. His point of view was that a student should always strive to shape his character in such a way that he becomes the highest priority of his life. Students play an important role in improving society by being a good citizen, representing future icons and helping society.
The “Great Scientist” APJ Abdul Kalam
A simple man, born 1931 in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu, worked as an aerospace engineer for DRDO & ISRO. Mr. Kalam was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. During his lifetime he won numerous prestigious awards and honored as a renowned scientist, thinker, philosopher, and teacher.
He was the author of many inspirational books, the most famous being “Wings of Fire,” “India 2020,” and “Ignited Minds.” Mr. Kalam was one of the discoverers of modern India who has always shown great faith in youth. His rare and inspirational quotes motivate every student.
The perspective of APJ Abdul Kalam on the Indian education system and the importance of studies
Dr. Kalam liked to pass on knowledge to young people through teaching, writing, and motivational quotes. He has always believed that educated youth are the pillars of every developing country. In his opinion education is the main driver for personal growth. No wonder Dr. Kalam, despite so many titles, has always loved to be called a teacher!
According to him, the Indian education system needed some reforms. Although it covers a wide range of knowledge and details, only a few reforms, such as the functionality of the transferred knowledge, are required. The Indian education system should be a competency-based education at the school level, where a student will easily understand from an early age. On the 54th day of the founding of the IIT Bombay, Dr. Kalam said that-
“The education system must be designed to create a large number of employment generators and not just employment seekers.”
According to Dr. Kalam, In addition to the normal school program he receives, students should also receive special training to acquire a specific ability to obtain additional certification. Not only does this certificate of achievement help them find a job after graduation, but it also helps them to understand the practicalities of the real industry. The introduction of a special particular skill at a tender age promotes the entrepreneurial spirit of young people of the country.
As World Student Day approaches, all students prepare to pay tribute to their teacher on his birthday. Students demonstrate their social responsibility by gathering on campus to explain the reasons for which they volunteer. The thoughts and works of Dr. Kalam are valued all day long.
In summary, Mr. Kalam has always said that students have a purpose in life, have to grasp knowledge with all possible resources. Work hard to achieve it, and never have to face a defeat in the face of the problem instead of defeating the problem and successful.
World Students Day Quotes
1. One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil. By Friedrich Nietzsche
2. It shouldn’t matter what type of school a student attends, so long as the school is the right fit for that student. By Betsy Devos
3. Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
4. You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward. Unknown
5. One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
6. Responsibility for learning belongs to the student, regardless of age. Robert Martin
7. A student of life considers the world a classroom. Harvey Mackay
8. Listen to your teachers when they tell you what to do. But more importantly, think about it later and ask yourself why they told you to do it.
9. Expecting to get a good job without studying hard is like expecting to win a marathon without running it.
10. Succeeding in life is as simple as being a good student. All you have to do is pay attention, work hard and give it your best shot.
11. Being a good student is less about the ability to rote and more about the desire to learn.
12. As a student, the most important thing to remember is that Laziness is your worst enemy and Hard Work is your best friend.
APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes Words
1. One best book is equal to a hundred good friends, but one good friend is equal to a library. ― Abdul Kalam
2. I am not a Handsome guy, but I can give my hand-to-some one who needs help. beauty is in the heart not in the face. ― Abdul Kalam
3. We have no ability to be equal to all have opportunities equal to their ability lane. ― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
4. You have to dream before the dream comes true. ― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
5. Thinking Should become your CAPITAL ASSET, no matter Whatever ups and downs You Come across in your Life. ― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
6. You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future. ― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
7. Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model. ― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
8. Success is when your signature turns into your autograph. ― Abdul Kalam
9. Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person. ― Abdul Kalam
10. Look at the sky. we are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work. ― Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Hope you enjoyed these inspirational quotes for students!
If you want to share more quotes that are not mentioned here, share them with us in the comments section!
|October Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|National Voluntary Blood Donation Day||1st October|
|International Day for Elderly People||1st October|
|Gandhi Jayanti||2nd October|
|Anti Untouchability Week||2nd to 8th October|
|Wildlife Week||2nd to 8th October|
|World Habitat Day||First Monday of the month of October|
|Air Force Day||8th October|
|World Post Day||9th October|
|International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction||11th October|
|World Standards Day||14th October|
|World Students Day||15th October|
|World Food Day||16th October|
|World Savings Day||30th October|
|National Unity Day||31st October|