World Book Day 2023 is celebrated to provide people with many ideas and plans to make them aware of the situation and condition in the World and also provides knowledge about many types of Books which makes them get specific knowledge about their requirements.
World Book Day will be celebrated on the 23rd of April to make people increase their knowledge about various things in the World that many people don’t know it. In 2023 it will be celebrated as the 24th Anniversary of World Book Day.
Note:- World Book Day is also known as ”Book Day And Copyright Day”, World Book Day, and International Day of the Book.
WHAT IS WORLD BOOK DAY?
Every year, on the 23rd of April, people all over the world celebrate World Book Day as part of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Instead of celebrating it on the 23rd of April, it is celebrated on the 1st Thursday of March in the United Kingdom. World Book Day celebration was started by UNESCO first time on the 23rd of April in 1995.
More than 100 countries celebrate it, with authors, illustrators, and books participating. It is the worldwide celebration of books and reading.
HISTORY OF WORLD BOOK DAY
There are many legends behind celebrating world book day on an annual basis on an international level worldwide. A connection between World Book Day and books was first established in 1923 by Spanish booksellers in order to honor Miguel de Cervantes, the most famous author of all time. The day is the death anniversary of Miguel de Cervantes.
The World Book Day celebration is always celebrated on the 23rd of April. That is because it is the birth and death anniversaries of William Shakespeare, Vladimir Nabokov, Manuel Mejía Vallejo; the death anniversaries of Miguel de Cervantes (died on 22nd of April and buried on 23rd of April), Josep Pla, Inca Garcilaso de la Vega and birth anniversaries of the Manuel Miñia Vallejo, Maurice Druon and Halldór Laxness.
THE CELEBRATION OF WORLD BOOK DAY AND COPYRIGHT DAY
World Book Day is used to celebrate to make people get much knowledge for their own benefit as well as the development and welfare of the Country. To provide the people and children with much of the necessary knowledge, the Government keeps many books in many libraries.
People and students use libraries to educate themselves about various topics. The libraries hold a wide variety of books that people and students use to get the information they need.
There are many types of Books available in the School and College Libraries to make the Children learn much from many various Books. Parents should make their Children get many types of Books by which every child can incur much beneficial knowledge from the Books of various Brands.
Books contain many types of World Knowledge to make people solve a lot of problems and ideas to maintain and grow with possible plans to cooperate for the betterment of the people.
There are a lot of Authors and Publishers who write and publish a lot of books for people to make them knowledgeable about many different things in the World.
In order to create and manage things effectively, people deal with many problems and ideas.
World Book Day was celebrated by UNESCO which is the General Conference located in Paris in 1995. There are 100 countries that are from various Universities, Organizations, Schools, and Professional Groups. There are many types of people from many continents who attend Copyright Day and World Book Day. Books made people generate much knowledge for students and many people.
THE THEME OF WORLD BOOK DAY 2023 AND COPYRIGHT DAY
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2022 is “You Are a Reader”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2021 is “Celebrating Literature and the Joy of Reading.”
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2020 is “share a million stories”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2018 was “Share A Story”.#ShareAStory
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2017 was “National Treasures”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2016 was “a book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2015 was “Discover the World”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2014 was “Read Books and be Smart”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2013 was “Publishing, reading and saving of the Secret property through Copyright”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2012 was “Modification and Books”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2011 was “Rising of the Production of the Books to the Digital from the Writing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2010 was “Cultural Approach from the International years”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2009 was “Improvement of the Qualitative Education and the Connection between the Human Rights and Publishing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2008 was “Languages International year”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2007 was “Reading is Beneficial”.
SIGNIFICANCE OF COPYRIGHT DAY AND WORLD BOOK DAY
A General Conference held by UNESCO in Paris in 1995 determined the date of World Book Day. Lots of interested people from almost 100 countries associated with voluntary organizations, universities, schools, public or professional groups, private businesses and etc.
World Book and Copyright Day celebration has inspired lots of professional organizations from various countries and receives assistance from UNESCO.
People living in underprivileged sections and young people celebrate the day to promote education.
World Book and Copyright Day celebration attracts people from all continents and cultural backgrounds all over the world. It made them able to discover new ideas and explore their knowledge.
Books are depositories of heritage, cultures, windows of knowledge, tools for dialogue, a source of wealth and so many.
On this day, some young people including children are awarded for their better performance in novels, short stories or picture books promoting peace, tolerance, understanding, and respect among each other for other cultures and traditions.
Read Related Post:-
You May Also See:-
|April Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|Prevention of Blindness Week||1st to 7th April|
|World Health Day||7th April|
|Jallianwala Bagh Massacre||13th April|
|Ambedkar Jayanti||14th April|
|World Hemophilia Day||17th April|
|World Earth Day||22nd April|
|World Book Day||23rd April|