World Book Day 2020 is celebrated to provide the people with many ideas and plans to make them aware of the situation and condition in the World.
World Book Day is celebrated to provide the people to gather knowledge about many types of Books which makes them get the specific knowledge about their requirements.
World Book Day is used to celebrate on the 23rd of April to make the people increase their knowledge about various things in the World which many of the people don’t know it.
WORLD BOOK DAY AND COPYRIGHT DAY 2020
23rd Anniversary World Book Day 2020 will be celebrated all over the world on the 23rd of April, on Thursday.
Note:- World Book Day is also known as ”Book Day And Copyright Day”, World Book Days and International Day of the Book.
WHAT IS WORLD BOOK DAY?
World Book Day is an annual event celebrated every year by people all over the world on the 23rd of April. It is the most important event organized annually by the UNESCO in order to promote the reading, publishing, and copyright among the public worldwide.
Instead of celebrating it on 23rd of April, it is celebrated on 1st Thursday of the March in the United Kingdom. World Book Day celebration was started by the UNESCO first time on the 23rd of April in 1995.
Generally, it is celebrated by the authors, illustrators, books and to encourage reading among the common public. It is the worldwide celebration of books and readings and celebrated in more than 100 countries.
HISTORY OF WORLD BOOK DAY
There are many legends behind celebrating the world book day on an annual basis on international level worldwide. The connection of world book day celebration date means 23rd of April and books was established first time in the year 1923 by the various Spain booksellers in order to pay tribute to the most famous author named Miguel de Cervantes. The day is the death anniversary of the Miguel de Cervantes.
The exact date of the world book day celebration was established first time in 1995 by the UNESCO to celebrate the World Book and Copyright Day. It was decided by the UNESCO to be celebrated on 23rd of April as it is, according to the Gregorian calendar, the birth and death anniversaries of the William Shakespeare, Vladimir Nabokov, Manuel Mejía Vallejo; death anniversaries of the Miguel de Cervantes (died on 22nd of April and buried on 23rd of April), Josep Pla, Inca Garcilaso de la Vega and birth anniversaries of the Manuel Mejía Vallejo, Maurice Druon and Halldór Laxness.
THE CELEBRATION OF WORLD BOOK DAY AND COPYRIGHT DAY
World Book Day is used to celebrate to make the people get much of the knowledge for their own benefit as well as the development and welfare of the Country. It is quite better to provide lots of people with a number of information by which they can cultivate it for the betterment of the people. There are many Books kept in many of the Libraries by the Government to provide much of the required knowledge to the people and Children.
Libraries are used to make the people and lots of Students to raise up their knowledge in various types of activities. There are many types of Books kept in the Libraries to get a variety of knowledge to lots of people and Students who come to the Library.
A library is that thing which has lots of Books of various things which a person is unable to grasp all the things. So people should always get those type of knowledge by which they can able to develop their nature and develop the things for the welfare of the people.
There are many types of Books available in the School and College Libraries to make the Children learn much from many various Books. Parents should make their Child get many types of Books by which every child can incur much of the beneficial knowledge from the Books of various Brands. There are many Books which are cultivated to manage and handle lots of things in a positive manner to handle much of the important tasks in a better manner.
Books contain many types of World Knowledge to make the people solve a lot of problems and ideas to maintain and grow with possible plans to cooperate for the betterment of the people.
There are a lot of Authors and Publishers who write and publish a lot of books for people to make them knowledgeable about many different things in the World.
People are used to managing and handling many problems and ideas to focus on lots of things to create and manage any things properly.
World Book Day was celebrated by the UNESCO which is the General Conference located in Paris in 1995. There are 100 countries which are from various Universities, Organizations, Schools, Professional Groups. Copyright Day and World Book Day are used to celebrate attract many types of people from many Continents. Books made people generate much of the knowledge to the students and many people.
THE THEME OF WORLD BOOK DAY 2020 AND COPYRIGHT DAY
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2020 is “share a million stories”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2018 was “Share A Story”.#ShareAStory
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2017 was “National Treasures”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2016 was “a book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2015 was “Discover the World”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2014 was “Read Books and be Smart”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2013 was “Publishing, reading and saving of the Secret property through Copyright”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2012 was “Modification and Books”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2011 was “Rising of the Production of the Books to the Digital from the Writing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2010 was “Cultural Approach from the International years”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2009 was “Improvement of the Qualitative Education and the Connection between the Human Rights and Publishing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2008 was “Languages International year”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2007 was “Reading is Beneficial”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2006 was “Lives changed by the Literacy”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2005 was “Forever for Reading”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2004 was “Non-Stop Journey: Reading”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2003 was “Life makes the Friends”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2002 was “Hourly Happy”.
- The Theme for World Book Day in the year 2001 was “Provide a Book”.
- The Theme for World Book Day in the year 2000 was “Reading is refreshing”.
SIGNIFICANCE OF COPYRIGHT DAY AND WORLD BOOK DAY
The date for the world book day celebration was decided by the UNESCO in the General Conference which was held in Paris in 1995. Lots of interested people from almost 100 countries associated with voluntary organizations, universities, schools, public or professional groups, private businesses and etc.
World Book and Copyright Day celebration has inspired lots of professional organizations from various countries and receives assistance from UNESCO.
The worldwide member states of the UNESCO celebrate this event every year to promote the power of books among people in order to bring them together as well as disseminate the variety of cultures to other people.
The day is celebrated to promote education among young people as well as people living in underprivileged sections.
World Book and Copyright Day celebration attracts people from all continents and cultural backgrounds all over the world. It made them able to discover new ideas and explore their knowledge.
Books are depositories of heritage, cultures, windows of knowledge, tools for dialogue, a source of wealth and so many.
At this day, some young people including children are awarded for their better performance for novels, short stories or picture books promoting peace, tolerance, understanding, and respect among each other for other cultures and traditions.
A different poster is designed every year based on the particular themes of the year and distributed among people around the world. Posters are designed in such a way to encourage people and children to read more books.
Read Related Post:-