World Health Day message is simple: giving people access to healthcare without the prospect of financial hardship. This is regardless of where they’re from; they could be in Africa, Asia, South America or the United States. What matters to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the group behind it, is that there’s “Health for All”.
WORLD HEALTH DAY 2018
World Health Day 2018 will be celebrated worldwide on 7th of April, on Saturday.
World Health Day
The World Health Day is celebrated by the people all across the world every year on 7th of April under the leadership of WHO to draw the mass people attention towards the importance of global health.
World Health Assembly was held first time in the year 1948 in Geneva by the WHO where it was decided to celebrate the World Health Day annually on 7th of April. It was first celebrated worldwide in the year 1950 as the World Health Day. Varieties of events related to the particular theme are organized on the international and national level by the WHO.
It is an annual event being celebrated for years to raise the common public awareness towards the health issues and concerns. A particular theme is chosen to run the celebration and take care of the health for a whole year.
Global Polio Eradication was also one of the special themes of the year 1995 of world health day. From then, most of the countries have become free of this fatal disease whereas in other parts of the world its awareness level has increased.
World Health Day targets all the health issues on a global basis for which several programs are organized yearly by the WHO and other related health organizations at various places like schools, colleges, and other crowd places. It is celebrated to remember the establishment of the World Health Organization as well as draw the attention of people towards the major health issues in the world.
WHO is a vast health organization working under UN for addressing the health issues on a global basis. Since its establishment, it has addressed serious health issues including chickenpox, polio, smallpox, TB, leprosy and etc from various developing countries. It has played a significant role aiming to make the world a healthy world. It has all the statistics about global health reports.
HOW WORLD HEALTH DAY IS CELEBRATED
World Health Day is celebrated worldwide by the government, non-government, NGOs including various health organizations at many places by organizing programmes relating to the public health issues and awareness.
Participated organizations highlight their activities and support through the media reports by means of press releases, news and etc. Health authorities from different country take part in the celebration with their pledges in order to support on the health issues worldwide.
Varieties of activities are done in the conference of health workers to encourage people to maintain their health in the presence of media coverage. Debates on the related topics, art exhibitions, essay writing, competitions and award ceremony are organized to fulfill the aim of world health day.
WHY WORLD HEALTH DAY IS CELEBRATED
World Health Day celebration focuses on increasing the life expectancy by adding good health to the lives of people and promoting healthier living habits. Youths of the new era are also targeted by this event to prevent and make them healthy to make the world healthy and free from AIDS and HIV.
Disease spreading vectors like mosquitoes (malaria, dengue fever, filaria, chikungunya, yellow fever and etc), ticks, bugs, sand flies, snails and etc are also spotlighted by the WHO to make the world free from a wide range of diseases caused by parasites and pathogens.
- World Health Day provides better prevention and cure of the vector-borne diseases spread by vectors and travelers from one country to other. WHO supports various health authorities on a global basis to make their own efforts for the public health problems to enhance better life without any diseases.
Some of the objectives of why it is being celebrated yearly are listed below:
- To protect families living in the disease vulnerable areas.
- To teach travelers and send them a message about how to get protected from the vector-borne diseases while traveling.
- To increase the public awareness of various causes and prevention of high blood pressure.
- To provide detail knowledge of getting prevented from various diseases and their complications.
- To motivate the worldwide health authorities to make their own efforts in creating the healthy environments in their country.
- To encourage a most vulnerable group of people to frequently check their blood pressure and follow medications from the professionals.
- To promote self-care among people.
WORLD HEALTH DAY THEMES, SLOGANS, AND HASHTAG
- The theme of World Health Day is “Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere”.
- The slogan is “Health for All”.
- The primary hashtag that we are using is #HealthForAll but look out for posts using #WorldHealthDay as well.
Throughout 2018, we aim to inspire, motivate and guide UHC stakeholders to make commitments towards UHC:
- Inspire—by highlighting policy-makers’ power to transform the health of their nation, framing the challenge as exciting and ambitious, and inviting them to be part of the change.
- Motivate—by sharing examples of how countries are already progressing towards UHC and encourage others to find their own path.
- Guide—by providing tools for structured policy dialogue on how to advance UHC domestically or supporting such efforts in other countries (e.g. expanding service coverage, improving quality of services, reducing out-of-pocket payments).
You May Also See:-