World Earth Day 2024 will be praised by the general population everywhere throughout the world on the 22nd of April, on Monday. There is the purpose of the title of this festival is “Earth Day”. Various individuals recommended “Birthday” as Earth Day (a rhyming expression of birthday) in 1969.
The theme for Earth Day 2024 is “Climate Change”. The enormous challenge — but also the vast opportunities — of action on climate change have distinguished the issue as the most pressing topic for the 53rd anniversary.
Climate change represents the biggest challenge to the future of humanity and the life-support systems that make our world habitable.
World Earth Day History and Information
Every year, the general population all over the world celebrates World Earth Day on April 22nd to promote environmental awareness as well as to demonstrate ecological responsibility.
The first world earth day was celebrated in 1970. Since then, just about 192 countries have celebrated it every year.
Importance of Earth Day
World Earth Day recognition was begun to celebrate as a yearly occasion to get national help keeping in mind the end goal to better deal with ecological well-being by illuminating its issues. In 1969, in San Francisco, a peace lobbyist named John McConnell effectively engaged in starting this event and proposed a day of ecological security.
During the spring equinox in 1970, McConnell chose to recognize the occasion through Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson, who chose to honor it on the 22nd of April in 1970.
U.S. Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson received the Presidential Medal of Freedom Award for his support of the setting of Earth Day on the 22nd of April.
In 1990, Denis Hayes, the first national organizer, centered the 22nd of April around 141 countries as Earth Day. The vast majority of the earth day groups praise it for the entire week with the name Earth Week to center around numerous natural issues.
Along these lines, the 22nd of April 1970 has been set apart as the commemoration of cutting-edge ecological development.
Earth Day 1970 was set up to raise the general population’s mindfulness for hesitance, other living life forms, controlling the counter-war challenge development, and in addition, keeping the natural issues before the general population.
A major catastrophe behind building up the occasion of earth day festivity by the author Gaylord Nelson (a U.S. Representative from Wisconsin) was the disaster of the gigantic oil slick in Santa Barbara, California in 1969.
Why is World Earth Day Celebrated on 22nd April?
Our Earth is the main planet in the Universe where life is conceivable to date. It is exceptionally important to keep up the common resources of the earth with a specific end goal to proceed with life on the earth.
Humanity has set aside April 22nd as Earth Day to recognize the planet’s importance.
One of its huge cases is the exhaustion of the Ozone layer which keeps us from the ultraviolet beams of the sun. Another enormous issue of the earth is the demise of streams by getting blended with mechanical poisonous materials which prompt a worldwide temperature alteration. Expanding industrialization on regular routine prompts deforestation which eventually prompts the ascent in Earth’s temperature.
Through little advances, we can diminish these life-ending perils constantly on the planet, including planting more trees, repressing deforestation, limiting vehicle use to reduce air pollution, and improving vitality preservation by reducing the pointless use of energy. Such little advances turn into major advances if taken care of by the general population overall together.
The main festival of Earth Day occurred in the US on the 22nd of April in 1970 to stamp natural development as a major self-evident truth. Understudies assembled from the US College grounds had taken an interest to dissent for the ecological crumbling to build general society mindfulness.
Those who dissented were concerned about oil slicks, poisonous dumps, air, and water contamination due to industrialization, crude sewage, pesticide use, and so on. Earth Day was officially celebrated on the 22nd of April from that point forward.
How to Celebrate World Earth Day?
Individuals from everywhere throughout the world commend earth day with extraordinary excitement and enthusiasm on each 22nd of April since 1970 to spare the regular resources of their earth.
Legislators of numerous nations have taken various measures to safeguard the planet by implementing a variety of legal requirements. A gathering of ecological pioneers sorts out different occasions and crusades to praise earth day.
On this day individuals perform open-air exercises identified with the earth’s well-being like new trees ranch planting trees, getting roadside to squander materials, reusing squanders, vitality preservation thus many.
The administration has not formally announced this as a people in the general occasion. Every one of the schools, universities, colleges and instructive organizations is available right up until today.
Individuals who take an interest in the occasion festivity, make an earth planet utilizing green and blue hues to demonstrate the life of creatures, and plants and symbolize their regular reusing including the nursery impact and an unnatural weather change.
Some Americans commemorate earth day by participating in a parade dressed in blossoms, plants, or bugs to bring attention to the fact that the whole world is our home.
There are numerous approaches to praise earth day:
- Teach your children about the recycling and reuse of old materials.
- Motivate people by wearing green, brown, or blue clothes for displaying the environmental colors.
- Promote people for energy conservation by various practical means.
- Take part in picking up waste from streets, parks, and other places.
- Take part in the amusement activities like singing a song related to Earth safety to attract more people to the event celebration.
- New tree plantation at required places.
- Motivate people to reduce the use of plastic bags to avoid soil and water pollution.
- Take part in educational sessions like seminars, discussions, and other competitive activities related to the safety of the natural resources of the earth.
The significance of the World Earth Day Celebration
The originator of Earth Day, Gaylord Nelson, has picked this day (22nd of April) to build mindfulness among the basic open, particularly among adolescents to get the full impact of the battle for ecological security.
He had chosen this day by remembering things that there would not be any aggravations of the exams for the understudies or any fairs and celebration for the normal open with the goal that everybody could give careful consideration towards this occasion festivity.
According to the Gregorian calendar, Vladimir Lenin’s 100th birthday was on April 22nd, 1970.
World Earth Day 2024 Theme
- The theme of World Earth Day 2022 was “Invest In Our Planet”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2021 was “Restore Our Earth.”.
- The World Earth Day 2020 Theme is “Climate Action”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2019 was “Protect Our Species”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2018 was “End Plastic Pollution”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2017 was “Environmental and Climate Literacy”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2016 was “Trees for the Earth!”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2015 was “Water Wonderful World” and “Clean Earth – Green Earth”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2014 was “Green Cities”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2013 was “The Face of Climate Change”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2012 was “Mobilize the Earth”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2011 was “Clear the Air”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2010 was “Reduce”.
- The theme of World Earth Day 2009 was “How Do You Get Around”.
You May Also See:-
|April Social Events
|Date of Celebration
|Prevention of Blindness Week
|1st to 7th April
|World Health Day
|Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
|World Hemophilia Day
|World Earth Day
|World Book Day