World population day is an international level awareness campaign being celebrated all over the world to call people on stage to know the reason of this exploding population year by year as well as solve the big mistake of the whole human fraternity.
This great awareness event is to bring a population revolution globally as well as break the sleep of all the deeply slept people to pay their full attention and help in combating this population issue.
WORLD POPULATION DAY 2022
World Population Day 2022 will be celebrated all over the world by the people on the 11th of July on Monday.
WORLD POPULATION DAY HISTORY
World Population Day is a great event being celebrated all through the world annually on 11th of July. It is celebrated to increase the awareness of the people towards the worldwide population issues.
It was first started in the year 1989 by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
It was exalted by the interest of the public when the global population became near about five billion at 11th of July in the year 1987.
The following message “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services” was distributed worldwide by the theme of 2012th World Population Day celebration when the worldwide population was approximately 7,025,071,966.
The big step was taken by the authority for more small and healthy society as well as the sustainable future of the people. A crucial investment is made to fulfil the reproductive health care demands and supply.
The step was taken for increasing reproductive health as well as reducing social poverty by reducing the population.
It was a huge challenge for the development when the population on the earth has reached to around 7 billion in the year 2011.
According to the decisions of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in the year 1989, it was recommended that 11th of July every year should be noticed by the community globally and celebrated as the World Population Day in order to raise the awareness among common public and find out the real solutions to combat with the population issues.
It was started to focus on the required attention of people towards the importance of population issues.
WHY IS CELEBRATED WORLD POPULATION DAY?
The aim of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme is paying great attention towards the reproductive health problems of the community people as it is the leading cause of the ill health as well as the death of the pregnant women worldwide.
It has been distinguished that around 800 women are dying daily in the procedure of giving birth to a baby. The campaign of the World Population Day every year increases the knowledge and skills of the people worldwide towards their reproductive health and family planning.
Around 1.8 billion youngsters are entering their reproductive years and it’s very necessary to call their attention towards the primary part of the reproductive health. According to the statistics, it is noted that the world population on 1st of January 2014 has been reached to 7,137,661,030.
The annual celebration of world population day is planned with lots of activities and events to make aware people about reality.
Through this great awareness celebration, people are encouraged to take part in the event to know about population issues like the importance of family planning towards the increasing population, gender equality, maternal and baby health, poverty, human rights, right to health, sexuality education, use of contraceptives and safety measures like condoms, reproductive health, adolescent pregnancy, girl child education, child marriage, sexually transmitted infections and so many.
Sexuality related issues are very necessary to get solved among youths especially between 15 to 19 years of age as according to the statistics it is noted that around 15 million women of this age give birth every year, as well as around 4 million, go through for abortion.
Some of the objectives of celebrating the world population day are mentioned below:
- It is celebrated to protect and empower youths of both genders like girls and boys.
- To offer them detail knowledge about sexuality and delay marriages until they become able to understand their responsibilities.
- Educate youths to avoid unwanted pregnancies by using reasonable and youth-friendly measures.
- Educate people to remove gender stereotypes from society.
- Educate them about pregnancy-related illnesses to raise public awareness about the dangers of early childbirth.
- Educate them about STD (sexually transmitted diseases) to get prevented from various infections.
- Demand for some effective laws and policies implementation in order to protect girl child rights.
- Make sure about the access to equal primary education to both girls and boys.
- Make sure the easy access to reproductive health services everywhere as part of the basic primary health for each couple.
HOW IS CELEBRATED WORLD POPULATION DAY?
World population day is celebrated on an international level by organizing a variety of activities and events to draw the attention of mass people to work together on the issues of a growing population.
Some of the activities include seminar discussions, educational competitions, educational information sessions, essay writing competition, public contests on various topics, poster distribution, songs, sports activity, speeches, poems, artwork, slogans, themes and messages distribution, workshops, lectures, debates, round table discussions, news distribution through press conferences, TV channels and news channels, relay of population-related programmes on radio and television and so many.
Various health organizations and population divisions work together to solve population issues by organizing conferences, research works, meetings, project analysis and etc.
WORLD POPULATION DAY THEMES
1. The World Population Day Theme of 2018 is “Family Planning is a Human Right”.
2. The World Population Day Theme of 2017 was “Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations”.
3. The World Population Day Theme of 2016 was “Investing in teenage girls”.
4. The World Population Day Theme of 2015 was “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”.
5. The World Population Day Theme of 2014 was “A time to reflect on population trends and related issues” and “Investing in Young People”.
6. The World Population Day Theme of 2013 was “Focus is on Adolescent Pregnancy”.
7. The Theme of 2012 was “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services”.
8. The Theme of 2011 was “7 Billion Actions”.
9. The Theme of 2010 was “Be Counted: Say What You Need”.
10. The Theme of 2009 was “Fight Poverty: Educate Girls”.
11. The Theme of 2008 was “Plan Your Family, Plan Your Future”.
12. The Theme of 2007 was “Men at Work”.
13. The Theme of 2006 was “Being Young is Tough”.
14. The Theme of 2005 was “Equality Empowers”.
15. The Theme of 2004 was “ICPD at 10”.
16. The Theme of 2003 was “1,000,000,000 adolescents”.
17. The Theme of 2002 was “Poverty, Population and Development”.
18. The Theme of 2001 was “Population, Environment and Development”.
19. The Theme of 2000 was “Saving Women’s Lives”.
20. The Theme of 1999 was “Start the Count-up to the Day of Six Billion”.
21. The Theme of 1998 was “Approaching the Six Billion”.
22. The Theme of 1997 was “Adolescent Reproductive Health Care”.
23. The Theme of 1996 was “Reproductive Health and AIDS”.
|July Social Events||Date of Celebration|
|National Doctors Day||1st July|
|World Population Day||11th July|
|National Flag Adoption Day||22nd July|
|World Hepatitis Day||28th July|