World Health Day Quotes:- World Health Day is celebrated on 7th April all over the world since 1950, sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and not only is this an important date, but it’s a good time to value our health and take conscious measures to preserve our wellbeing.
Every year WHO takes on a different challenge and sheds light on different health issues affecting the world. Last year, the organization has highlighted the challenges and opportunities associated with food safety under the slogan “From farm to plate, make food safe.”
WORLD HEALTH DAY QUOTES, THEMES, SLOGANS, AND HASHTAG
- The theme of World Health Day is “Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere”.
- The slogan is “Health for All”.
- The primary hashtag that we are using is #HealthForAll but look out for posts using #WorldHealthDay as well.
To celebrate and keep mindful of the importance of health, we’ve compiled 15 World Health Day Quotes:
1.“Drugs are not always necessary. Belief in recovery always is.” – Norman Cousins
2.“A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.” – Tom Stoppard
3.“I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
4.“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” – Henri-Frederic Amiel
5. “Early to bed and early to rise makes the man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – 18th Century proverb
6. “In order to change, we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.” – Unknown
7. “If I’d known I was going to live so long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” – Leon Eldred
World Health Day Quotes
8. “A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.” – John Steinbeck
9. “He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” – Arabic Proverb
10. “I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.” – Johnny Carson
11. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization, 1948.
12. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish Proverb
13. “Joy and Temperance and Repose/ Slam the door on the doctor’s nose.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
14. “Sickness comes on horseback but departs on foot.” – Dutch Proverb
15. “The awareness that health is dependent upon habits that we control makes us the first generation in history that to a large extent determines its own destiny.” – Jimmy Carter