As a developing country, India highly needs cleanliness to promote health, social standard, tourism, and other important factors to accelerate the growth of the nation. the 14th Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi stepped forward to make India completely clean with the help of the people and launched a campaign called “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” on 2nd October 2014 at Raj-path, New Delhi.
NEED OF SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN
We are told from our childhood that “Cleanliness is the best service to the Nation” but I am sure that most of us have failed to apply it in our life. Cleanliness is what our country needs desperately now. I am very keen to describe why we need “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” and why we should participate in this movement. Some reasons are given below.
- People in rural areas are especially prone to open defecation and no one can deny the fact that open defecation is a big reason for causing diseases and sometimes fatal diseases like cholera, diarrhea, typhoid, etc. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan will help India in becoming an open defection-free and rural area to be healthy and happy.
- Big cities and towns are the main sources of open dumping and littering.
- Cleanliness is very important from the point of view to increase Tourism in India. No tourist will plan to visit a country with littering everywhere and dirty smells all the time.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is also necessary to memorize people their duty to keep their surroundings clean. As a part of society, we remember our rights but don’t care about duties. We feel that cleanliness is the duty of some specific Government departments and thus we recklessly spread littering and dumping anywhere assuming it is our birthright.
- poor hygiene and sanitation also affect the economic condition of India and make it gradually worse every year.
IMPORTANCE OF ABHIYAN
Importance of Abhiyan is nothing but the importance of cleanliness in India. Cleanliness has always been beneficial and it makes society look beautiful and make it provide a healthy environment. Importance of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is as follows-
- Although the people in urban areas are much educated yet they lacks the awareness for cleanliness and proper sanitation. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a good initiative of Government of India to remind them their duties and keep their localities clean by not littering everywhere and using dustbins.
- As earlier discussed that child death rate in India due to poor sanitation is very high and it is not a good sign for a developing country. All the medical facilities will fail if we fail in maintaining fresh and healthy environment. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the tool for us to reduce the child mortality rate in India by cleaning our surroundings and providing our younger a better world to live in.
- Cleanliness is not for our personal growth only but it is also for the growth of the nation as well. Cleaning the national heritages and public places in India and making them suffocation free will grow the tourism in India that will ultimately increase the GDP of the nation and will help to run the economy smoothly.
Conclusion: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a commendable step of the Government of India. We all know that cleanliness has always been the first need of India. We should show our support to the It is we who can make our environment clean and gift a fresh and healthy future to our next generation. So
“Pick up the broom without being mean; our basic need is proper sanitation and hygiene”.