JEE Main Admit Card 2018: – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release JEE Main 2018 admit card tentatively in the second week of March 2018. Only registered candidates will be able to download their JEE Main admit card. To download the admit card of JEE Main 2018, the candidates will have to login by submitting their application number, password and security pin. Candidates must ensure that there are no discrepancies in the details before downloading JEE Main admit card 2018. The admit card is an important identity document that all candidates will have to keep safe and produce in the examination center. Details about the candidate i.e., their name, exam timings, information about the exam center, application number and more will be present in JEE Main 2018 admit card. The admit card will be issued provisionally subject to the satisfying the eligibility criteria by candidates for admission. If candidates don’t bring the JEE Main admit card 2018 to the examination center, then they will not be allowed to sit for the JEE Main exam. Check the procedure to download JEE Main 2018 admit card as well as other relevant details in the article below.
Important Dates of JEE Main Admit Card 2018
|Last Date to Register for JEE Main||January 1, 2018|
|A release of JEE Main Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|JEE Main Paper I (Offline)||April 8, 2018|
|JEE Main Paper II (Offline)||April 8, 2018|
|JEE Main Online Exam||April 15 and 16, 2018|
|Publishing of Answer Keys||April 24 to 27, 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Paper I||April 30, 2018|
How to Download JEE Main Admit Card 2018?
The admit card of JEE Main 2018 will be available for all registered candidates in online mode. Candidates will be able to download the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket by following the given steps:
- The link to access the JEE Main admit card will be available here as soon as it is released officially.
- The candidates will have to enter their JEE Main 2018 application number, password and security pin.
- Click on “Submit”
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates are advised to check for mistakes in any of the details in the admit card before downloading it.
- In case of any mistakes in the generated JEE Main 2018 admit card, the candidates will have to report immediately to the JEE Main Secretariat.
- A printout of the admit card has to be taken for future use.
JEE Main Admit Card Download Portal looks like an image given below:-
Details to check in JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
The details that candidates need to check before printing the admit card of JEE Main 2018.
- Date of Birth
- Test Centre
- Name, City
- State Code of Eligibility
In case of any discrepancy, candidates should immediately contact the JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE for necessary action
JEE Main Admit Card looks like the image below:-
JEE Main Examination Schedule
Offline Exam (Pen and Paper Based ) for Paper 1 and Paper 2
|April 8, 2018||Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM||3 Hours|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics –Part I
Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test – Part III
|2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||3 Hours|
Forgot JEE Main 2018 Application Number or Password?
If the JEE Main 2018 application number or password is forgotten by the candidates, then he/she will be able to recover it. By following the given steps of account recovery option, the candidates will be able to obtain their forgotten application number or password.
- The candidates will have to open the JEE Main 2018 admit card page
- Click on “I can’t access my account”
- The candidates will have to select any of the two following options:- I forgot my Password- I forgot my Application Number
- After clicking on the “Continue” button, the following options will be displayed:- Using the security question and its answer selected during registration.- Using the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number of the candidates- By using the reset link sent via email to the registered email address.
- The candidates will have to select any of the above-mentioned options and then click “Continue”.
- The candidates will be directed to another page where they will have to fill the details as per the selected option. The following details will have to be submitted to retrieve the application number of JEE Main 2018.- Name of the Candidate- Mother’s Name- Father’s Name- Date of Birth- State of Eligibility- Security Pin (will be case sensitive)
What are the Documents to carry at JEE Main 2018 Exam Centres?
- The candidates will be required to their JEE Main 2018 admit card while reporting at the examination center.
- PwD candidates will have to carry a copy of the PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
What can you carry to the Exam Hall along with the JEE Main Admit Card?
- Candidates are advised that they will be provided with a black ballpoint pen by the authorities hence they will not be allowed to carry a pen or pencil inside the exam hall. This is one of the directions given in the admit card of JEE Main.
- Candidates can carry a cardboard or writing pad with nothing written on it to place their answer paper on it while answering.
- Candidates appearing for the JEE main Paper 2 will have to carry their own Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Colour pencils or Crayons for the drawing paper. They will be provided the drawing sheet by the authorities. However, they should not use watercolors for the drawing paper.
What should you NOT carry to the JEE Main Exam Hall?
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any electronic devices, Cellular phone, Mobile, Pager, Calculator, Log Tables, copying materials, books, notebooks, bits of paper
- Candidates will not be allowed to wear or carry any type of watch into the exam hall.
- Any candidate found carrying any of the above will not be allowed to write the exam.
Directions are given to candidates in the JEE Main Admit Card 2018
- All the candidates will be provided a black ballpoint pen in the examination hall/room
- Candidates should use only this pen to write particulars on test booklet, answer sheet and darken the circles in response.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any type of pen/pencil in the examination hall/room
- As all the Examination Halls /Rooms will be having a Wall clock, candidates are not allowed to wear/carry any type of watch in the examination hall/room.
- Candidates are requested to visit the Venue of Test, a day before the examination so as to reach in time on the day of examination. Any request for change of City/Centre of the examination will not be entertained.
- The candidates will be permitted to appear at the allotted venue of test only. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination at any other center of examination. The candidate should sit on the seat allotted to him/her.
- Candidates shall be present at the examination Centre by 7 AM(IST) for Paper1 and by 12:45 PM(IST) for Paper 2.
- No Candidate, in any case, will be allowed to enter at the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination in each paper.
- No Candidate without Admit Card shall be allowed to sit in the examination by the Centre Superintendent.
- Candidates must preserve JEE Main 2018 Admit Card till the allotment of seat in College/Institution.
- No Candidate shall be allowed to leave the Examination Hall before the conclusion of the test and without handing over the Answer Sheet to the Invigilator concerned.
- Candidates should check and ensure that the Test Booklet contains as many numbers of pages as written on the top of the cover page.
Results of the following candidates will not be declared
- Candidates found with any electronic devices as mentioned above
- Candidates found talking to each other or discussing any matter during the examination.
- Candidates found disturbing other candidates in the examination hall
- Candidates found removing any pages from the Test booklet and if any page is found missing from their Test Booklet.
- Candidates not following the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination hall/room and found arguing with them.
- Candidates found sitting on the seat other than that allotted to him or her
- Candidates who have appeared at other centers than that mentioned in JEE Main admit card.
Use of JEE Main 2018 Admit Card after an exam
- Candidates may note that the JEE Main admit card is an identity document. It will be required during counseling. Therefore, the candidates should safely keep it until their admission.
- The admit card of JEE Main is issued provisionally. Candidates cannot claim admissions if they just possess the admit card. Their eligibility must be proven during the counseling.
JEE Main 2018 examination will be held offline on April 8 and online on April 15 &16. Admissions to eligible candidates will be offered through JEE Main into the participating NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The exam also acts as a qualifying examination for those candidates who wish to attempt JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
JEE Main Exam pattern – Paper 1
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Mathematics||30||4||120||1 mark will be deducted for wrong response
“An exam is not only a test of your academic knowledge, it is a test of your calmness, stability and courage. All the best.” For All Students.