CBSE UGC net 2018 CBSE NET Application Form Eligibility Exam Dates:- UGC NET 2018 Application Form has been released on 6th March 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) holds the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for UGC NET. CBSE UGC NET determines the eligibility of Indian candidates for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor both. Junior Research Fellowship awardees will be eligible to pursue research in their postgraduate subject from IITs or other national organizations. Such candidates are also eligible for the post of Assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities. For the year 2018, UGC NET exam will be conducted only one time in a year. Aspirants can read this article further for getting information about UGC NET 2018 including the application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, etc.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Date
UGC NET will be held only one time in a year in offline mode. Candidates can check official dates of CBSE NET 2018 exam from here:
|An issue of Detailed Notification||1st February 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission||6th April 2018|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||25th April to 1st May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||June 2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||August 2018|
|Declaration of Result||July 2018|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates wishing to apply for UGC NET 2018 have to fill the application form online only on the official website of CBSE NET (link is given above).
- The application form has been released on 6th March 2018.
- No application will be accepted after the last date.
- Aadhaar card is necessary to apply for UGC NET 2018.
- The application process consists of four steps viz. fill the application form, upload scanned photograph and signature, pay the examination fee and print confirmation page.
- There is no need to send the printout of confirmation page to CBSE.
- CBSE will also provide the correction facility in UGC NET application form 2018. The correction will be done from 25th April to 1st May 2018.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Fee:
The application fee of UGC NET 2018 varies category-wise. Application fee once paid, is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. Fee details are as follows:
Mode of Payment:
An application fee is payable by credit/ debit card or through e-challan. Candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For every examination, there is a specific eligibility criterion that candidates have to fulfill if they wish to apply for that examination. The conditions of eligibility for CBSE UGC NET 2018 is given below:
- Qualifying Examination: Masters or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- Minimum Marks: The percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination is 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Master’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to Ph.D. degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, transgender and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
In reference to notification for UGC-NET(November) 2017 published in the newspapers regarding a schedule of filling online application for the said examination, following is being informed:
- The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of UGC-NET(November) 2017 will result in an accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centers in a convenient and hassle-free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of UGC NET(November) 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in an online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Who are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D. Degree Holders: Candidates possessing the Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Universities/institutions.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET but the condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those who have cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state of passing the SET.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018 (Revised)
Candidates can check the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam pattern which tells about the number of questions, marking scheme, type of questions, duration of the exam and other details related to the exam.
- Papers: The test will consist of two papers.
- Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in NET which is divided into 2 papers. Paper-I will have 50 questions and Paper-II will have 100 questions. All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.
- Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II contains questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- A medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English. A choice for the paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Exam Duration: Paper-1 will be of 1 hour while Paper-II will be of 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: CBSE is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)|
Click here to check UGC NET last year question papers.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of National Eligibility Test (NET) is different for different subjects. The subjects included in NET is more than 100. Candidates should also prepare from the syllabus of their qualifying examination. Candidates must prepare as per the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
Click here to check the CBSE UGC NET Syllabus 2018
How to Prepare for CBSE UGC NET 2018
UGC NET is one of the competitive examinations that enable postgraduate students to qualify for University level teaching jobs and also to seek admissions in Ph.D. level programmes. To achieve good scores in CBSE NET, candidates can follow these preparation tips:
- First of all, gather the complete syllabus as prescribed by CBSE.
- Candidates can take the reference of previous years question papers to know the exam pattern and important topics.
- Purchase some good books that cover the whole syllabus.
- Prepare the short notes and highlight the important topics.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs. Candidate should have complete knowledge about their concerned UGC NET Subject.
- Time management is also important. Manage your time effectively for studies and for daily revision.
- Last but not the least, be confident and positive.